- To the chief Musician on Neginoth, Maschil, A Psalm of David. Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
- Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;
- Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.
- My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.
- Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me.
- And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
- Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.
- I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.
- Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
- Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it.
- Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets.
- For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
- But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
- We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.
- Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.
- As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
- Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
- He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me.
- God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.
- He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant.
- The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
- Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
- But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.
Выбор перевода и языка