Psalms, psalm 40
- To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
- He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
- Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
- Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
- Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
- Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
- I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
- I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
- I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
- Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
- For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
- Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
- Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
- Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
- But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
Выбор перевода и языка