Psalms, psalm 83
- A Song or Psalm of Asaph. Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
- The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
- Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
- Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
- Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
- Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
- Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
- O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
- As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
- So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
- Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
- Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
- That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
Выбор перевода и языка