Psalms, psalm 17
- A Prayer of David. Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
- Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
- Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
- Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
- I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
- Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
- Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
- From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
- They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
- They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
- From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
Выбор перевода и языка