Hebrews, chapter 13
- Let brotherly love continue.
- Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
- Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
- Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
- Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
- Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
- We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
- For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
- Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
- Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
- For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
- By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
- But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
- Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
- Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
- But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.
- Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words.
- Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
- Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.
- Grace be with you all. Amen. Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.
Выбор перевода и языка