- Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
- Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
- For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
- For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
- And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
- But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
- Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
- Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
- When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
- Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
- So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
- Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
- But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
- For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
- While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
- For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
- But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
- And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
- So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Выбор перевода и языка