- Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
- Should not the multitude of words be answered? and should a man full of talk be justified?
- Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?
- For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.
- But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;
- And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth.
- Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?
- It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?
- The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
- If he cut off, and shut up, or gather together, then who can hinder him?
- For he knoweth vain men: he seeth wickedness also; will he not then consider it?
- For vain man would be wise, though man be born like a wild ass's colt.
- If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him;
- If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles.
- For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:
- Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:
- And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning.
- And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.
- Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.
- But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.
Выбор перевода и языка