- Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
- Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
- Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
- Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
- Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
- Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
- When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
- Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
- When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
- And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
- And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
- Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
- That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
- It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.
- And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
- Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
- Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?
- Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
- Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,
- That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?
- Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?
- Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
- Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
- By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?
- Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;
- To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;
- To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?
- Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
- Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
- The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
- Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
- Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?
- Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?
- Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?
- Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?
- Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?
- Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven,
- When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together?
- Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions,
- When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait?
- Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.
Выбор перевода и языка