Job, chapter 32
- So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram: against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God.
- Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
- Now Elihu had waited till Job had spoken, because they were elder than he.
- When Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, then his wrath was kindled.
- And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
- I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
- But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
- Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.
- Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion.
- Behold, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasons, whilst ye searched out what to say.
- Yea, I attended unto you, and, behold, there was none of you that convinced Job, or that answered his words:
- Lest ye should say, We have found out wisdom: God thrusteth him down, not man.
- Now he hath not directed his words against me: neither will I answer him with your speeches.
- They were amazed, they answered no more: they left off speaking.
- When I had waited, (for they spake not, but stood still, and answered no more;)
- I said, I will answer also my part, I also will shew mine opinion.
- For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.
- Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.
- I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
- For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.
Выбор перевода и языка