- So king Solomon was king over all Israel.
- And these were the princes which he had; Azariah the son of Zadok the priest,
- Elihoreph and Ahiah, the sons of Shisha, scribes; Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud, the recorder.
- And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the host: and Zadok and Abiathar were the priests:
- And Azariah the son of Nathan was over the officers: and Zabud the son of Nathan was principal officer, and the king's friend:
- And Ahishar was over the household: and Adoniram the son of Abda was over the tribute.
- And Solomon had twelve officers over all Israel, which provided victuals for the king and his household: each man his month in a year made provision.
- And these are their names: The son of Hur, in mount Ephraim:
- The son of Dekar, in Makaz, and in Shaalbim, and Bethshemesh, and Elonbethhanan:
- The son of Hesed, in Aruboth; to him pertained Sochoh, and all the land of Hepher:
- The son of Abinadab, in all the region of Dor; which had Taphath the daughter of Solomon to wife:
- Baana the son of Ahilud; to him pertained Taanach and Megiddo, and all Bethshean, which is by Zartanah beneath Jezreel, from Bethshean to Abelmeholah, even unto the place that is beyond Jokneam:
- The son of Geber, in Ramothgilead; to him pertained the towns of Jair the son of Manasseh, which are in Gilead; to him also pertained the region of Argob, which is in Bashan, threescore great cities with walls and brasen bars:
- Ahinadab the son of Iddo had Mahanaim:
- Ahimaaz was in Naphtali; he also took Basmath the daughter of Solomon to wife:
- Baanah the son of Hushai was in Asher and in Aloth:
- Jehoshaphat the son of Paruah, in Issachar:
- Shimei the son of Elah, in Benjamin:
- Geber the son of Uri was in the country of Gilead, in the country of Sihon king of the Amorites, and of Og king of Bashan; and he was the only officer which was in the land.
- Judah and Israel were many, as the sand which is by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking, and making merry.
- And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life.
- And Solomon's provision for one day was thirty measures of fine flour, and threescore measures of meal,
- Ten fat oxen, and twenty oxen out of the pastures, and an hundred sheep, beside harts, and roebucks, and fallowdeer, and fatted fowl.
- For he had dominion over all the region on this side the river, from Tiphsah even to Azzah, over all the kings on this side the river: and he had peace on all sides round about him.
- And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon.
- And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
- And those officers provided victual for king Solomon, and for all that came unto king Solomon's table, every man in his month: they lacked nothing.
- Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries brought they unto the place where the officers were, every man according to his charge.
- And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
- And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
- For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
- And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five.
- And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes.
- And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.
Выбор перевода и языка