Hosea, chapter 12
- Ephraim feedeth on wind, and followeth after the east wind: he daily increaseth lies and desolation; and they do make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.
- The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.
- He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:
- Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;
- Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is his memorial.
- Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.
- He is a merchant, the balances of deceit are in his hand: he loveth to oppress.
- And Ephraim said, Yet I am become rich, I have found me out substance: in all my labours they shall find none iniquity in me that were sin.
- And I that am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the days of the solemn feast.
- I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
- Is there iniquity in Gilead? surely they are vanity: they sacrifice bullocks in Gilgal; yea, their altars are as heaps in the furrows of the fields.
- And Jacob fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheep.
- And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.
- Ephraim provoked him to anger most bitterly: therefore shall he leave his blood upon him, and his reproach shall his Lord return unto him.
Выбор перевода и языка