- And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.
- Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:
- And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.
- And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.
- And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.
- So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him.
- And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.
- But Deborah Rebekah's nurse died, and she was buried beneath Bethel under an oak: and the name of it was called Allonbachuth.
- And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him.
- And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
- And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;
- And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.
- And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him.
- And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon.
- And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Bethel.
- And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
- And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
- And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
- And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.
- And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that is the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day.
- And Israel journeyed, and spread his tent beyond the tower of Edar.
- And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:
- The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun:
- The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin:
- And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali:
- And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, which were born to him in Padanaram.
- And Jacob came unto Isaac his father unto Mamre, unto the city of Arbah, which is Hebron, where Abraham and Isaac sojourned.
- And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.
- And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.
Выбор перевода и языка